972-542-4029 | Office Hours – 8:30am – 5pm M - F
The Historic Pecan Grove Cemetery is the only premier, active, full service cemetery in McKinney, Texas
Floral and Memorial Decoration Policy
- Fresh cut, artificial and dried floral arrangements are required to be within 12 inches of a permanent memorial marker.
- All arrangements are to be in approved metal containers of approved size and design and limited to two, throughout the year, as approved by the cemetery superintendent. A supply of approved flower holders will be available at the cemetery office. Any Non- floral stand-alone decorations will be removed. These items include but are not limited to ceramics, potted plants, fences (wire, stone, plastic, etc.), balloons, glass, baskets, shells, toys, rocks and stones, metal designs, ornaments, photos, picture frames, items made of wood or iron and no containers containing alcohol.
- Floral arrangements and wreaths may contain decorations made of non-plant materials only as a part of the arrangement or wreath. Flowers placed at the time of burial may remain for a reasonable time as affected by appearance and safety. Floral arrangements in approved containers placed during special occasions will be allowed to remain for five days or at the discretion of the cemetery superintendent.
- No glue, wire, tape, or attachment of any decorations, of any kind is allowed on monuments. Monuments may not be painted and there are to be no additional monuments other than headstones.
- The cemetery groundskeepers may, at their discretion remove any item considered a mowing or safety hazard.
- There will be a Spring and Fall cemetery clean-up when all non permanent memorial items will be removed and discarded.
- The cemetery is not responsible for any damage per the policies set forth in the Rules and Regulations of Pecan Grove Memorial Park, available from the cemetery office.
- All issues regarding this policy may be addressed in writing to the Cemetery Board of Trustees.
- Monuments placed on individual gravesites are to be constructed of granite, marble or bronze. Metal, wood, concrete and soft stone materials are prohibited and shall be removed.